Detox Cranberry Drink
Detoxification: The removal of poisons or toxins from the body.
You will be drinking a mixture containing unsweetened cranberry juice, lemon and apple cider vinegar.
This mixture should be taken three times per day (three 8 oz glasses):
- first thing in the morning upon rising
- before lunch
- before dinner
- Spring water (6 oz).
- Unsweetened cranberry juice (2 oz or 1⁄4 of a glass); make sure you read the label, as many people purchase the sweetened cranberry juice by mistake. Even though pure cranberry juice is very bitter, it does contain around 8 grams of sugar per 6 ounces. This is usually okay. The type of cranberry juice you do not want to use is the cranberry mixed with apple juice and other juices, bringing the sugar levels up to 28 grams per 6 ounces. Do not be concerned if your cranberry juice is not organic, as it is very difficult to find organic cranberry juice. For those people who have major struggles with losing even a little weight, I recommend omitting cranberry juice from this mixture, since just a minute amount of sugar can potentially block fat burning.
- Lemon juice—1⁄3 of a fresh lemon or 1 tsp of lemon powder. If you have a history of kidney stones, use a whole lemon or 3 tsp of lemon powder. Both the cranberry juice and eating a grapefruit each day will also help prevent kidney stones.
- Apple cider vinegar (1⁄2 to 1 tsp); adjust amount to your taste, as this might be too strong for some people.
- Apple juice—only use if the drink is unpalatable (maximum amount is 1⁄4 cup). But, if possible, omit apple juice, as it is concentrated sugar.
OPTION: A certain percentage of people like to add some fiber to this drink. I have observed that people are less hungry when they add fiber. This could be any type of psyllium seed or husk or other powdered fiber. Two tablespoons would be enough.
It is recommended that you mix the entire combination together in a container the night before and place it in the refrigerator or a cooler. If you absolutely cannot stand this drink mixture, don't force yourself to drink it. I have found most people love it and a few hate it. Some bodies just can't tolerate the vinegar; so, there is some flexibility in drinking the mixture without the vinegar.
Learn more about the Phase 1 Detox.
The 7 Principles of Fat Burning
Having the correct plan for your body type is a much easier and faster and healthier way to keeping the weight off. In The 7 Principles of Fat Burning we not only tell you what to do but we change the way you look at calories, hormones and fat burning so you CAN finally succeed. ...read more